[ Home ] [ Welding Metallurgy ]
(click here for the
list of classes)
Question. What is a TELECLASS anyway?
Answer: It's quite simple. It's a CLASSROOM conducted on a CONFERENCE CALL.
Question: Who can participate?
Question: How long do they last?
Answer: Usually about an hour.
Question: How much does it cost?
Answer: Most tuition is FREE.
Special topics require a fee. Your only cost is a long distance telephone call. If you
have 10 cents a minute, it's a $6.00 charge for the hour instruction.
Question: Who is the instructor?
Answer: Most of the time I will be the host, however I may have a quest instructor
from time to time. So keep in touch. Don't miss this opportunity to gain some valuable
Question: How do I register?
Answer: Just find the class you want and click on the Icon and it will
automatically register you for the class. I will return the telephone number to you.
All you need to do is just dial that number and you will be instantly connected with
the group, no password, no telephone operators - just like youd be calling your
- As you will quickly find out, teleclass is just like being in the room with your
colleagues and friends. When its time for a participation, participate as you would
in any other session - your involvement is important.
- We will start with personal introductions. It is your opportunity to "plug"
your business and tell the rest of the group who you are. Please be brief! You
introduction should be no more than 30 seconds - otherwise you will be brutally
- Please return this message with your "signature" - if you would like to be
included on the list of attendees which will be distributed after the teleclass (so that
others can contact you and even visit your website)
- When you participate in discussion, please remember that on the teleclass no one can see
you, so identify yourself each time saying "Hi, Im Chris and my question
- Please call in from a "regular" phone only! No cell, portable, cordless, or
speaker phones. They will echo and disrupt the session for everyone.
- The best time to call is just a 3-5 minutes before scheduled teleclass. Too early and no
one will be "home" - too late and you will not be greeted and introduced!
- Please make sure that you call from a quiet setting. Barking dogs, cats, babies, TV sets
and just any other kind of noise in the background are VERY disruptive and distracting.
- Keep the receiver far away from your mouth to avoid any "heavy breather"
effect that most people are not aware of - this also can be very distracting.
- And finally have a pad and paper nearby - you will want to make notes, as I promise you
a lot of valuable information!
THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT. ......................SEE YOU THERE
3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time